Thursday, January 10, 2008

Where clichés were once original

Hear me, I scream,
Only echoes now.
Silences that whisper back to you,
Drowning noise never hurt that much.
They whisper back through you,
from within you, to you.
Voices are lost, words forgotten too,
Cobwebs were thought to be old,
But here, in the attics of time,
New dust form layers all over again.
The old renews, more history to everything,
A timeless wait, or a timeless finish?
In each, every voice is eventually lost,
Lost to the place where clichés were once original.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though my abilities at being poetic are a far cry from your work, I do appreciate the way you pen your thoughts down. And it is that very feel which made me write something towards this. Stunningly simple yet beautiful is how you are at expressing the self.

Ashish said...

It was indeed yours truly. And 'lady' refers to you. But pardon me, for if I have gone beyond or mis-stated anything.

Shantanu Jog said...

Now that's some really nice poetry! Keep it goin'!

Ashish said...

Dont' thank me. Save that for yourself.

Anonymous said...

I don't have much to say after all these comments .. and your work speaks for ITSELF! YOU HAVE TO HAVE TO KEEP BLOGGING! I knew you were good! but this is really exceptional...! i'm not poetic! so i hope these words , though very few have conveyed the great amount of appreciation i have for your work! (i'm proud of myself for writing this... hehe .. trying to be funny!) SO KEEP BLOGGING MY POETESS! i AM ABSOLUTELY PROUD OF YOU!
I LOVE YOU !!!

Ashish Shakya said...

I'm glad to know that I made you appear nuts in front of your maid. It's always nice to hear something like that. Thank you.

I like what I see on your blog - do keep writing.

Ashish said...

How do I do it? The answer to that I've never been able to find.