Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tears of steel

It stems from the inside and seeps through my soul,
It leaves me with these tears, these tears that I hold,
Deep in my heart, never let out,
Deep in these walls, never reaching my mouth.
To think we were close, to think I even tried,
To think because of you, a little part of me died.
And then you throw those words, like arrows to my heart,
It hits hard right there, piercing through, leaving scars.
But maybe I should step back, as I just always do,
Maybe I should give up trying, give up on you,
Because I don't see your warmth, I feel a cold, cold stare.
I laid myself out for you, how can you tell me it's unfair?

4 comments:

samiee said...

hi hw r u ?can we be frnd

Che said...

dang! this poem hit me like a ton of bricks loaded on an 18 wheeler cruising at mach3 speed!

it just seems like something a certain someone would have written for me. now i feel terrible :(.

BrideToBe said...

"It's unfair"...friggin bastards.

Love the poem btw...!

Karthik said...

Reminded me of a poem I wrote for someone sometime back! Rush of familiar emotions.