Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dedication

Sometimes someone walks into your life,
By chance, as fate would have it be.
Of all the people walking by,
Just one entangles with your destiny.

As stars that shine the velvet night skies,
As sand grains on the palm beach shores,
As death and birth we all go through,
As water droplets line our ocean floors,

I know you'll be right by my side,
For as long as you don't let me go.
I can count on you for anything,
It's your words that make me so sure.

And now I come to these last words,
None of which can hold what you mean to me,
So never change, always be bold,
Always be exactly what you want to be,

Because the world's measure is not what counts,
It's the people in your heart that make you stand,
The ones who don't judge what you do or say,
The ones who'll just always be there to hold your hand.