Friday, October 13, 2023

Papa May 9th, 2021

 I used to have

A way with words 

But over the years

Of pestilence 

I seem to be lost, at sea. 


I used to have 

A spring in my step..

But over the years 

Of despondence 

I seem to have lost, me.


Where can I find 

The light at bay,

The one that I'd 

Turn to guide me?


And where can I find

The strength inside

To keep going on,

Stop looking that far behind me?


Stop looking - stop looking,

There's only one way to go now,

But that's not true, is it?


No turning - no turning,

Guns blazing ahead now,

But that's not whole, is it?


A piece of me,

It might be past.

But all my words,

Just stay attached - to you.


The mirror I hold,

A half of me, of gold,

Linked in as I look around - for you. 


But finding you

No matter what I do...

Is physically impossible.


The only way,

I can make you stay...

Is looking back hopeful. 


The strength I find,

To move on,

Comes from the past

I hold on.


You're the guiding light I have to find,

The strength within I look for,

And I can only go on knowing you'd want it this way...


And with that thought...

I make you stay.

No comments: