Thursday, November 20, 2014

Who Decides

I went to a party. Fancy. Everyone looked shiny, embellished in sparkle.

I came home. There was the mirror. The frame, a vicious circle.

I go to Google. The unavoidable power of technology. Resist all you want, there is no running away.

I type in "Red carpet looks and styles". Enter. The pull of wanting to become someone. Someone else for today.

I hit "images". I want information now. And I can have it quick. Read? Why bother.

I see a flood of images appear. A lot to take in, but my eyes light up. Of course this isn't a hidden smother!

I stare, I browse. So many looks, what should I pick? The choices are here, which one should I be?

I finally pick. I saw it in Vogue magazine. It has a lot of likes. Will it make people like me?

I adorn. I can become this. Watch me evolve. I can be anyone I want to be.

I reflect, I realize, I save, myself. Even if I can be anyone I want to be, what matters is who I choose to be.

Me.

No comments: